How To Start A Startup
Here are some articles we've crafted over the years which take you step-by-step through the process of starting a startup and then maintaining it.
Beginner businessmen sometimes dive headfirst into starting a business without researching first, and thus they do not stand on the shoulders of those that have gone before them.
Should you start a startup at all?
Being an entrepreneur has a certain glamour but there are hard facts to take into consideration before you quit your day job.
- When NOT to start your own business.
- Employment vs. Entrepreneurship.
Personal attributes of a starter businessman
What qualities should you have?
- 7 things a businessman needs.
How to come up with a business idea
Come up with a worthwhile idea for your business before you commit time and money.
- How to come up with a business idea (6 part series.)
Get a postal address for your website
- Buy a mailing address for your website today.
What can you sell?
How to narrow down what you can offer the public.
- What you can sell to make some money.
Starting a business: 30 tips
Some simple ideas to get your business going without making basic mistakes.
- 30 tips on starting a business (3 part series.)
Limited Company - Pros and Cons
Should you set up a limited company, or not?
- Advantages & disadvantages of setting up a limited company.
How to create a business plan
Financiers will need to see one of these before they invest in your company.
- How to create a business plan.
How to get a business bank account
Your clients will often want to pay you direct to your business bank account. If you use a personal one, it can create accounting and image problems.
- How UK residents can get a business bank account.
- How non-residents can get a UK bank account.
Keeping proper accounts
How to keep track of your income an expenditure in a way that will please your accountant and HMRC.
- Small business accounting tips: an overview.
How to avoid going bankrupt
Sometimes businesses show warning signs that all is not well. Here's what to do.
- How to avoid going bust.
Gone bust? No problem!
Dust yourself off and start again.
- So your business has failed, so what?
• Register a company today