Tax Saving Advice – Marriage Allowance

Tax Saving Advice – Marriage Allowance
Are you married and in employment? You could be entitled to tax relief under HMRC’s ‘Marriage Allowance’ scheme.
Check if you can claim:

- You are married or in a civil partnership;
- One partner is earning between £12,571* and £50,270* (the higher earner);
- The other is earning below the Personal Allowance, currently* £12,570 per year, (the lower earner).
If, as a couple, you meet the criteria above, applying for Marriage Allowance is easy.

In most cases, it will save you about £252 in tax, for the current tax year. Moreover, you will be entitled to a tax rebate of a similar amount per tax year dating back to April 2017.
Click here to see if you are entitled to claim for Marriage Allowance
Please note: Unless we are processing your payroll, we cannot apply for the claim on your behalf. We will be happy to assist our other clients with any queries regarding this, however. 


Share this post!