Companies House Webfiling And How To Do It

WebFiling is an online service that Companies House provides for the submission of official paperwork. It saves you time and money. It’s quicker. It's easier. There is less chance of mistakes. The system checks for mistakes and saves entered data, ongoing.

Some services are free, whilst others attract a small fee. The most common submissions are are your confirmation statement and your annual accounts.

Other things you can change are your company’s name, registered address, and director or company secretary.

Companies House Abbreviated Accounts Webfiling Demo

Who can't use webfiling?

- A company with over 1000 shareholders;
- A company with paid or unpaid capital in a different currency from the class of share;
- A company with subsidiaries will be unable to submit their annual returns online;
- A company which needs to make more than 255 changes to its listing.

Which forms can be submitted online?

- Changes to directors and secretaries;
- Allotment of shares;
- Change of company name;
- Certain forms of accounts (audit exempt, micro-entities);
- Changes to the registered office;
- Confirmation statement (previously called the annual return).

Tips and tricks:

- Do not use the backwards and forwards button on your web browser if you DIY online. This may log you out;
- Do not click any button twice by mistake. This may log you out;
- You will receive an email confirmation of any document you successfully submit;
- Still stuck? Get human help from Companies House direct: Tel: 0303 1234500.

- Read: How to get login access to Companies House.
- Read: How to file a Confirmation Statement.
- Get help: Our staff can file your confirmation statement.
- Read: More on webfiling.
- Register for webfiling.
- Login to webfiling.

Share this post!